- 10,000 IU Vitamin D every day
- Pre-natal vitamin (with iodine) every day
- DHA (a second pill that comes with the pre-natal vitamin) every day
- 500 mg Dimagnesium malate every day
- 12.5 mg Iodoral (Iodine) once/week
The magnesium is for muscle health (no pre-term labor for me!) which includes heart health (my first two visits with the
The Vitamin D is for...well, everything.
The Iodine is for my thyroid health and it is especially crucial for the baby's brain and neurological development. After several months on Iodine treatment (pre-pregnancy), my TSH went from 2.98 to 1.1 (1.1 is PERFECT, just ask Dr. Davis). I'm convinced that improving my thyroid health assisted in conception.
That's it. Nothing too spectacular, but each is very important. I keep the vitamins on my nightstand along with a bottle of Gatorade so I can take them first thing in the morning.
Oh, and my next post will be about my health goals during pregnancy (including yoga, my walking regimen, and eating habits).