Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's A...

After many many months of waiting, we are so proud to announce that...WE MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST NIGHT OF LABOR AND CONTRACTIONS :-)

Sorry for the lack of updates since last night. Honestly, not much has happened since the last post. As expected, Jessica's true desire to move to East St. Louis has come out in full force as she has become quite adept at finding any and all drugs that are available to her at this time. With the assistance of Ambien, Jess was able to get some pretty good sleep throughout the night. The contractions have continued to be regular and increase in intensity. Some of them are strong enough to take her breathe away but thankfully those seem to still be relatively few and far between. In addition, two doses of Stadol (around 3 and 5 AM) helped to keep the pain of the contractions manageable. Jess is beginning to feel them more which makes her somewhat excited because the next step in pain management appears to be the long-awaited, much anticipated EPIDURAL!!!!

We cannot believe that TODAY is going to be the day that our child is born. What a blessing! Jess continues to be in great spirits and has been so strong throughout the process. Everyone would be SO proud of her if only they had the opportunity to see this side of Jessica that I am lucky enough to see.

Still waiting for the doctor to come in this morning and give us the game plan for today. As soon as we know something, we'll let you know!

6 comments:

  1. I woke up early and have been sitting here refreshing my google reader!

    So excited for you guys to meet your baby today! I wish someone had given me Ambien when I was in labor.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong contractions...a two-edged sword. Stronger contractions mean that we are closer to meeting Bubs but they also mean that Jessica is more uncomfortable. OH wait...this is the epidural queen we are talking about!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epidural = Pure heaven.

    Craig, be advised that Jon had to leave the room when I had my epi (both times!) because he got white as a sheet seeing all of the "tools" and was going to faint. And he can handle a lot. LOL!

    GOOD LUCK! I am so excited for you guys. This is going to be one of the best days of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 6 weeks ago today that I had my little angel! I'm glad the Ambien worked for you - I had one, but it just made me groggy. I wasn't able to sleep well at all! Can't wait to hear the news! Praying for a safe, easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for everyone! Just wish I were there to help. I could pace with everyone else.

    Sending lots of love. Can't wait to see my newest n/n. Lefty is excited too.

    Love you lotz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. July 28, 2010. Sounds like a good day to be born to me! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete